Noyau Wellness Center is excited to offer telehealth services (phone or video) statewide to residents of Texas. In addition to the restrictions of COVID-19, we understand sometimes you are ill, unable to make it back to Dallas or Ft. Worth, there is inclement weather, or you live elsewhere, and we want to make appropriate accommodations. We also know many of our clients are busy professionals, and a phone call is much easier to work into your schedule than an in-office visit. It can take a significant amount of courage to begin counseling, so starting with phone/video counseling can be less intimidating and you may feel freer to open up and express your struggles, feelings, and thoughts without being face to face.
How to Prepare
- GET READY: Allow 5-10 minutes to make sure you are comfortable with the medium (skype, facetime, phone, etc.) you will be using. You will call/video your counselor at your scheduled session time.
- MINIMIZE DISTRACTIONS: Aim for a quiet environment, free from distractions. Notify family members and roommates that you will be having a private call. Ask them to turn down music and television so that it doesn’t disturb you. (or go to your car or a secluded park if necessary)
- PREPARE YOUR TECH: Double-check your internet connection. Make sure your device is charged and/or your charger is near. Headphones are encouraged for the best sound quality, but not required.
- OPTIMIZE YOUR CONNECTION: Set up your computer on a flat surface. This will eliminate shakiness on the video and ensure we can see each other clearly. Make sure your face is fully in the frame. A computer is best, but a phone or iPad can work in a pinch!
- KEEP CALM: Tech issues are normal as you adjust to online sessions for the first time. Keep in contact with your counselor via phone or email to sort things out if you have trouble connecting. Backup platforms are available if needed.
- GET COMFORTABLE: Snuggle up with your favorite blanket, a warm cup of tea, tissues if needed, and your pet (if they’re cuddly!) If your pet is rambunctious, let them play in another room to minimize distractions.
- TREAT IT LIKE AN IN-PERSON SESSION: Try to look in my eyes, rather than at the camera or your own face. Treat it just like a normal session! You may be surprised to realize video sessions can feel just as personal as in-person ones!
What to Expect
Telehealth will be just as effective as in-person therapy. Our therapists work diligently to help you heal, progress, and create the life you are desiring for yourself. They are skilled and well trained in using this method and are eager to get started with you.
While your confidentiality is important to us, we cannot guarantee absolute confidentiality with telehealth. Make sure you are in a private place at home, your office, in your car, or at a secluded park. We adhere to the same confidentiality guidelines as an in-person session that you will read about in your intake form.
All therapists at Noyau have experience with telehealth and are well equipped to work with you over the phone or with video counseling. We are excited to meet with you, so call (214-706-0619 (Dallas) or 682-385-9540 (Ft. Worth)) or email us (email@example.com) today to set up your first session.