So youâ€™ve found that one person that fits you perfectly and youâ€™re going to live happily ever after, right? Itâ€™s that easy…or it is it? Marriage is hard. People change, and you either grow together or more often than not, grow apart.
Marriage Can Be Negatively Effected By
- communication issues
- step family issues
- lack of connection/emotional intimacy
- substance abuse
- role conflict
- countless other challenges
Life can be chaotic, and if you and your partner are not working through new circumstances and growing together, a married couple can find themselves living separate lives. Communication becomes difficult, and discussions turn into fights that feel impossible to overcome. Marriage counseling can help you either work through these issues or help you prevent them.
What To Expect
- Specific ideas on how to communicate more effectively
- Expert guidance to stop the circular (and often escalating) arguments/fights
- Specific guidelines, tailored to you, on how to bring passion back to your marriage.
- Implementable steps to identify â€œcause and effectâ€ and negative patterns
- Effective techniques to heal past damage, grievances, and resentment
- Direction and facilitation to get through the â€œdifficult stageâ€
- “Here and now” ways to successfully move forward
- Future problem solving
- Individual direction on working through addiction, depression, anxiety, co-dependency, etc.
How to Prepare
Try to come in with an open mind and heart. Often, a couple comes into therapy, but only one member wants to be there. This is normal. One member often feels the relationship is worse or has reached a point of no return.Â If you have made it as far as coming into the office, you will get the most out of your time by being open and honest about how you are feeling and what you are experiencing. We encourage you to share any doubts or concerns about the process and ask questions about how it will move forward and help your relationship. We know how difficult it can be to walk through the door, and we want to make it a comfortable experience where you feel safe to express yourself freely.
Our Noyau therapists are expertly trained in couples counseling and believe in marriage, so they want to help your marriage grow and thrive. A coupleâ€™s success depends on how much work they are willing to put into the process and their marriage. The harder you work, the better the outcome. Your marriage is important to us, and we will work as hard as you do to restore and rebuild.