Did you need Addiction Counseling?
Are you experiencing the following:
- concealing a behavior from others
- finding your thoughts keep focusing on when you will get to enjoy a specific behavior
- day dreaming about a behavior frequently throughout the day
- worrying you will not find time in your day to enjoy a certain behavior
- feeling you “need” to participate in a certain behavior when you have had a rough day/week/year
- experiencing negative consequences for a behavior
- denying your behavior to friends/family/coworkers
- feeling distant from friends and family
- consistently trying to justify your behavior
- experiencing changes in eating or sleeping habits
- functioning less adequately at work and other areas of your life
- feeling stressed and/or angry when you do not get to participate in a behavior
- feeling you need to participate in the behavior in order to fully be yourself
When people think of addiction, they often think of alcoholism or drug addiction. While these are the most talked about and highly publicized types, there are numerous other kinds of addictions that do not receive the same amount of attention.
What is addiction?
Addiction is any continuous behavior or action that disturbs your quality of life. Focus becomes more about when you can participate in the behavior again, rather than how you can enjoy and fully engage in life. It takes you away from really enjoying the world around you and makes you feel like life is less enjoyable without it.
- Illegal drugs
- Prescription medication
- Over-the-counter medication
- Video Game
Do I need Addiction Counseling?
Addiction is strong and powerful. Without help, people find it extremely challenging to overcome. You have possibly learned to cope with difficulties and hardships by feeding into your addiction and have not learned healthy ways of working through tough events and times. Noyau Wellness has an experienced group of experts to help you learn these healthy ways to cope while helping you process past struggles and/or traumas. In order to heal, you have to work through the addiction first. Our therapists will help you come up with the best plan for you to help you stop whatever behavior your using to feel better and participate in life more easily. We know that addiction does not have a one size fits all cure. We want to work with you to find the best treatment that helps you move forward. In addition to our counselors, our massage therapists, dietitians, and doctor have expertise in addiction. If needed and desired, we can work together to find the best plan for you. Family and friends are often at a loss as to how to help a loved one struggling with an addiction.
We are here to offer help on working with your friend or family member and taking care of yourself. Loving someone who has an addiction is often extremely stressful and emotionally draining. You need a support system and someone with experience who can help you through this process. Addiction is scary, but people can heal and start the fresh new life they deserve. We want to work with you and your family member to get you there. Contact us about our Addiction Counseling services today!