Easter & Egg-Cetera
Easter & Egg-cetera
By Alex Hobbs, RD, LD, CLT
Its that time of year again…time for the Easter bunny to start making his rounds. Unlike every other year, do not let this big-eared bunny wreck your diet and get your kids all hopped up on sugar. Replace the traditional Easter sweets and treats with healthy snacks and exercise motivators! Here are a few basket stuffers for both kiddos and the young at heart.
- Swap the candies and sweets for healthier snack ideas. Try low-fat, low-cal popcorn, trail mix, fruit snacks and yogurt covered raisins for your little ones
- Give goodies that encourage your kids to get moving!
- Jump ropes
- Sidewalk chalk
- Football, baseball, etc
- Expand their minds, not their waistlines â€“ give a good book for your little one to enjoy
- Having a rainy day? Give coloring books and paint sets to entertain the kids
Adult Basket Ideas
- Munch on dark chocolate almonds and granola bars instead of candy bars
- Motivate your loved one to get active and hydrated â€“ gift a decorative water bottle to be their newest exercise companion
- Make every step count â€“ stuff your basket with a new pedometer or fitness bracelet
- Celebrate Easter in pastel colored workout gear
- Pack the basket with new kitchen gadgets and healthy cookbooks
Easter baskets can be an easy way to inspire all of your loved ones to keep up their healthy lifestyle or give them a boost of encouragement if they need.
Happy Easter to you all, have baskets of fun!